The only true measure of acceptable quality is customer satisfaction, which takes into account both objective and subjective interpretations of the needs and expectations of customers.
Quality management involves planning and controlling activities to ensure that the product or service is fit for purpose, and meets design specifications and the needs of customers.
The Quality Management contains various methodologies and tools to solve day to day activities and make it more effective & efficient towards achieving goals and to meet customer requirements. The tools are TQM, 7QC Tools, 5S (now 6S), Kaizen, Kanban, JIT, FMEA (DFMEA & PFMEA), Poka-Yoke Design etc.
Certified professionals can expect top roles in quality management, including Lean manager or facilitator, quality engineer, quality consultant or continuous improvement manager. According to professional surveys one can get 20% salary hike after getting certified. There are currently 45,000 Lean Management certified professionals around the world.
What do you get
Get complimentary guidance to placement to ace your internship/job hunt.
Chance to work on live projects and get better understanding of topics.
Hands On Exercises
Your training is packed with assignments, assessment tests, challenges, quizzes and exercises.
At the end of your training program you will be awarded with certificate of completion*.
- The Certification Exam is for one hour (1 hour) duration.
- The exam has 50 multiple choice questions (1 marks each), with no negative marking.
- The passing percentage is 50% i.e., 25 marks need to be scored in order to clear the exam.
- After passing exam the "Certificate of Course" will be awarded.
- In-case of failed the exam, "Certificate of Training completed" will be awarded.